Lunchtime supervisor x 2
Lowfield Primary School are looking to appoint a Lunchtime Supervisor to join their experienced team who are responsible for supervising children and leading play activities during the lunchtime break.
You must be able to work well as part of a hard-working team and also be able to work on your own initiative, to ensure that the children are safe, to maintain good standards of behaviour and to supervise suitable lunchtime activities. The ability to relate to children/young people from diverse ethnic/social backgrounds is essential for this job, as well as having good verbal communication skills in order to liaise with children/young people and other staff members.
You will be responsible for supervising children of all primary school ages in the dining hall, playground and/or classroom. Previous experience is not necessary but play experience is desirable. You will also need to be reliable and dedicated, have an interest in working with children and be an excellent role model.
Duties will include:
– Supervising pupils in the dining hall
– Assisting pupils with their general hygiene (e.g.: washing hands etc)
– Organising dinner queue and entrance of pupils into dining hall
– Encouraging good behaviour and table manners in the dining hall
– Cleaning up any spillages
– Occupying pupils in various games and activities in the playground.
For more information please visit Sheffield City Council’s website.