The Governors of Emmaus are seeking to appoint a permanent Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant. The successful candidate will be required to work as part of a team supervising pupils during the school lunch break, which includes attending to their welfare and domestic needs. Following roles and responsibilities may include:
- The supervision of pupils immediately before, during and after the midday meal.
- This includes provision for children who bring sandwiches. Supervision of the pupils entry into the dining area, including any journey or walk to the dining room.
- Supervision of pupils in the playground
- Guidance on table manners
- Assistance with clearing tables
- Assistance with washing down tables and resetting where required
- Taking such steps as necessary when children are sick. Assisting to their needs when in distress.
- Vigilant in the playground in recognizing potential dangers and approaching unauthorized personnel who enter the school.
- Be willing to undertake any training provided
- Setting up and clearing away play equipment
Closing date for applications is the 1st November 2021.
For more information on the role, and how to apply, visit the Sheffield City Council website.