Level 2 Teaching Assistant
St Catherine’s is a creative and inclusive school, and offers a friendly and happy working environment, and staff that work as a team and have a commitment to professional and personal development. The Governors wish to appoint an enthusiastic and suitably qualified person to work in a Key Stage 2 class, who will contribute to the educational and social development of the children. They are looking for someone who can work in partnership with staff across Key Stage 2, both under instruction and on their own initiative. In addition to working in the classroom, the post holder will also be required to support children during the lunchtime period. Applicants must have:
- NVQ Level 2 qualification for Teaching Assistants, or equivalent qualifications or experience
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Good organisational skills and a good working knowledge of the Key Stage 2 curriculum
- The ability to work as an effective team member, with the ability to communicate with children and adults in a constructive and effective way
- A commitment to support the Catholic ethos of the school
The person appointed should have the ability to recognise and identify children’s needs, including barriers to learning, and be able to provide appropriate learning experiences.
Closing date for applications is the 12th December 2021!
For more information on the role, and how to apply, click here to visit the Sheffield City Council website.