Learning Support Tutor- Science/Numeracy
Winterhill School is looking to recruit Learning Support Tutor to its SEN/Access curriculum team. Access and SEN department provides support for students in Key Stages 3-4 with a variety of different special educational needs or at risk of exclusion. Winterhill School has high expectations of all their students; they aim to build a secure and happy atmosphere in which all students can learn effectively and offer a broad range of subjects and qualifications. However, they are different to other schools in that they provide for most complex learners with two nurturing provisions. Within those provisions, they structure their day and their curriculum to support students who are disadvantaged and employ specialist staff to support the special educational needs of their students. The Learning Support Tutor will be working under the direction of their Access Curriculum Leader to:
- Implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated Ks3 and Ks4 curriculum for SEND and disadvantaged students in their nurturing provisions.
- Monitor and support the overall progress and development of students purposeful and engaging climate for learning in the alternative provision,
- Act as a key worker for the group of identified students and monitor their individual progress.
The successful candidate will be:
- Supportive and empathetic to the needs of the learners
- Patience and have a flexible view on learning
- A passion to make a difference
- Strong numeracy or literacy skills
- An understanding of the National Curriculum
- A strong listener
- Able to remain positive under challenging circumstances
Closing Date for applications is Monday 27th September 2021, at 12 Noon!
For more information, please visit the Rotherham City Council Website.