Reignhead Primary School are now seeking to appoint a suitably experienced and committed Learning Mentor to work with their Nurture Group in their newly established Nurture Classroom – this is an exciting opportunity to work with fidelity to nurturing principles and really make a difference to children’s lives. You will work closely with a small number of children (currently Key Stage 2) and their families to ensure positive outcomes through the provision of a bespoke curriculum tailored to the children’s individual needs. The Nurture Classroom is staffed by a Nurture Teacher and Learning Mentor in the mornings, and by the Learning Mentor and a Teaching Assistant in the afternoons.
They are looking for someone who:
- Has a calm and supportive manner, able to work flexibly and respond to unplanned situations with an organised, inclusive approach
- Has high expectations of themselves and the children in their care
- Is an effective and reflective practitioner with a desire to learn and develop professionally
- Is well organised and able to work well both as part of a team and independently
- Has a positive attitude and contributes to a welcoming school environment
The school offers:
- A well-resourced, dedicated Nurture Classroom with its own outdoor area
- Children who want to learn and are proud of their school
- A dedicated and driven team who strive for improvement
- A strong commitment to your professional development
- An environmentally sustainable site which offers a fantastic learning environment for all their children including an on-site woodland area
Closing date for applications: 4th June 2021
For more information please visit Sheffield City Council’s website.