Learning Mentor and Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
Under the direction of the Inclusion Lead and Designated Safeguarding Lead, work as part of a team within school to promote the welfare of pupils by providing practical and learning support to pupils, including those with special educational needs and disabilities and other identified groups.
As the Learning Mentor and Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead, you will be:
- Referring all cases of suspected abuse of any pupil at the School to children’s social care
- Supporting staff who make referrals to local authority children’s social care
- Ensuring Astrea Academy Trust and Byron Wood Primary Academy Safeguarding policies are known, understood and followed appropriately.
- Be alert to the specific needs of children in need, those with special educational needs and young carers
- Be able to keep detailed, accurate, secure written records of concerns and referrals
They are looking for candidates who have/are:
- Experience of managing safeguarding in a school or other relevant organisation
- Building relationships with children and their parents, particularly the most vulnerable
- Working and communicating effectively with relevant agencies
- Experience of handling large amounts of sensitive data and upholding the principles of confidentiality including knowledge of the responsibilities of schools and other agencies
- Expert knowledge of legislation and guidance on safeguarding and working with young people
Closing dates for applications is 22nd August 2022.
For more information please visit the TES website.