The Local Governing Board are seeking to appoint a learning mentor to join Southey Green Primary. The purpose of the roles is to provide Pastoral support for children across the
school. You will address the individual needs of children and help them overcome barriers to learning both in and outside school in order to achieve their full potential.
The successful candidate will be required too:
- Complete activities linked with weekly planned timetable of support.
- Undertake intervention support for small group and individual children
- Support within the classroom environment to ensure that children are regulated and accessing learning.
- Support individuals within breakfast club, after school provision and holiday provision.
- Develop a 1:1 mentoring relationship with children needing particular support where necessary aimed at achieving the goals/targets.
- Undertake new starter induction support with children, new to school within the year, to gather all necessary to ensure they have a positive start.
- Mediating between children where relationships and friendships have broken down.
- Be a champion, advocate and voice for students, valuing their opinion and involvement in school activities.
Closing date for applications is 25th November 2022.
For more information, please visit the TES website.