KS2 Teaching Assistant
Badsley Primary School are looking to appoint a well-motivated, Key Stage 2 classroom teaching assistant to support within their large mainstream primary school. Experience of working in a primary school setting and the ability to work as part of a hard working, highly motivated team is essential. The role will involve working closely alongside the class teacher to support and maximise learning. They are looking for someone who:
- Has NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification for Teaching Assistants/Child development (or equivalent) and has a proven track record of work in an educational setting.
- Has recent experience of working with primary aged children and understands how young children learn.
- Has the ability to support the class teacher by developing positive relationships with pupils and their parents.
- Has experience of delivering intervention groups to address gaps in children’s learning, taking guidance from the teacher, SENCOs and pastoral team.
- Ensures the smooth running of the classroom and maintain pupils’ safety and wellbeing.
- Has good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Feels strongly that their support can make a real contribution to raising self-confidence, self-esteem and motivation in order for children to achieve their full potential.
- Has good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Can work as part of a successful team.
- Is an organised person who has good time management skills.
- Has a willingness to be fully involved in the life of the school showing enthusiasm and initiative.
- Has a commitment to continuing professional development.
Closing date for applications is the 22nd September 2021 at 12 Noon!
For more information on what the role has to offer, visit the Rotherham Council Website.