Key Stage 5 Learning Mentor
High Storrs is a high-performing 11-18 secondary school on the South Western outskirts of Sheffield that has benefitted from a £27m refurbishment of their Grade II listed building. Serving a multi-cultural learning community with high expectations and high aspirations, they are an over-subscribed school. Required as soon as possible they are seeking to appoint a hard-working and highly organised individual to undertake the important role of Learning Mentor. The main duties of the role will be to:
- work closely with relevant staff to identify and address the learning needs of students eligible for support through the Covid 16-19 Tuition Fund who require help to overcome barriers to learning.
- establish productive working relationships with students, acting as a role model and setting
- develop small group and/ or 1:1 mentoring resources and learning activities to support knowledge and application of curriculum and exam skills.
- plan, deliver and evaluate 1:1 and group sessions with identified students.
- support students consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs.
- encourage students to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage all students in activities.
- maintain accurate records and reports on measuring the impact of intervention.
- provide feedback to staff and students in relation to progress and impact of intervention
Closing date for applications is Friday 25th February 2022 at Midday!
For more information on the role, and how to apply, visit the Minerva Learning Trust website.