Sheffield Girls’ are looking to appoint an IT Technician to join their IT Support department in order to assist with managing, monitoring and maintaining the school’s IT systems.
You will act as the first point of contact for all service requests and provide initial troubleshooting across all aspects of IT related services.
The role will involve working on a highly varied range of tasks, so the postholder should have a strong technical understanding of IT systems but also a commitment to continuing professional development.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing efficient and effective technical support for school IT systems
- Assisting in the running and development of the school IT infrastructure
- Ensuring the integrity of the school’s IT systems is maintained in line with GDST standards
- Performing routine maintenance to ensure all hardware is in good condition
You will need proven experience of delivering customer focused IT services and experience of working within a service desk. Experience with Windows 10, Office 365 and Google OS is equally important.
About the School
Founded in 1878, Sheffield Girls’ is situated in Broomhill, a very pleasant area of the city between the University and the Botanical Gardens. The school enjoys an excellent reputation as the highest performing school locally (and regularly in the whole of Yorkshire) at GCSE and A level.
As part of the Girls’ Day School Trust, the UK’s leading network of independent girls’ schools, they can offer a variety of benefits, such as:
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
- Interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
Closing date for applications: 4.00pm, Friday 30th April 2021.
For more information please visit TES’ website.