Sheffield Park Academy are delighted to advertise the post of IT Technician to complement our Cluster IT Team which supports United Learning Academies across the South Yorkshire region. This vacancy will be based at Sheffield Park Academy.
The post is permanent and full time, hours of work will be 8am-4pm Monday to Friday.
Main duties include assisting staff and students with IT related queries, troubleshooting and problem solving, general maintenance and issue of IT equipment.
There may also be opportunities to support other schools within the South Yorkshire cluster so the ability to travel to other sites in the Sheffield/Barnsley area is essential.
Main duties will include:
- Under direction from the Lead IT Manager on site, the post-holder will provide technical, hardware and software support to staff in relation all to IT systems, specifically those systems that facilitate the effective delivery of teaching and learning
- The post-holder will ensure the smooth and effective delivery of IT services in the academy
- Ensure security, licensing and data protection policies are implemented
- Provide first level help desk support to users
- Provide assistance and advice to teachers to facilitate the effective use of IT in the classroom including provision of classroom support where necessary
- Undertake any training required to keep abreast of all changes in IT that are specifically related to the job role
What they would like from you:
- Someone who is solution focused.
- Demonstrates experience of troubleshooting and supporting up to Windows 10, MS Office 365, Server 2012 and Active directory administration.
- Recent IT experience and sound technical knowledge.
- Minimum of A-C grade in GCSE English and Maths or equivalent.
- To be approachable and have excellent people skills.
- Outstanding organisation skills and keen attention to detail.
- A fundamental belief in the power of education to enable students to achieve anything they set their minds to.
Closing date for applications is 9th August 2021.
For more information visit the Sheffield City Council website.