Inclusion (SEND) Teaching Assistant (Key Stage 2)
Badsley Primary is a large and very popular school in central Rotherham. In their latest Ofsted inspection (September 2019), the school was judged to be ‘GOOD’ in all areas in the new education inspection framework.
“Leaders, staff and pupils all make Badsley Primary a warm and friendly place to learn.” (Ofsted – September 2019).
They are looking to appoint a well-motivated, enthusiastic Inclusion Teaching Assistant to support identified KS2 children with SEND/ additional needs within our large mainstream primary school.
Experience of working in a primary school setting and the ability to work as part of a hard-working, highly motivated team is essential. The role will involve working with identified children on a 1:1 basis and/or working with small groups within a classroom setting.
They are looking for someone who:
- Has NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification for Teaching Assistants/Child development (or equivalent) and has a proven track record of work in an educational setting.
- Has recent experience of working with KS2 pupils and experience of supporting children with SEND/ additional learning and SEMH (Social, Emotional, Mental Health) needs.
- Has excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
- Feels strongly that their support can make a real contribution to raising self-confidence, self-esteem and motivation in order for children to achieve their full potential.
- Has good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Can work as part of a successful team.
- Is an organised person who has good time management skills.
- Has a willingness to be fully involved in the life of the school showing enthusiasm and initiative.
- Has a commitment to continuing professional development.
Closing date for applications is 10am, 21st June 2021.
For more information visit the Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council website.