Do you want to be part of a team that is making a difference to the lives of children?
The Governors are seeking to appoint a well-motivated, excellent, committed teaching assistant for a temporary role (in the first instance). The position is full time, term time only to commence Wednesday 1st September 2021 (or earlier if possible).
Laughton Junior & Infant School is looking to appoint someone who will:
- Champion inclusion and positive behaviour using restorative practice
- Support children to regulate their emotions and enable them to access their learning
- Listen to children, respond to their needs and support them.
We would like someone with previous SEMH experience who would be confident to;
- work alongside our Learning Mentor to promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils at Laughton J&I
- establish good relationships and respond appropriately to the children’s individual needs
- support children with their social, emotional and mental health (SEMH)
- support children in both 1:1 and small group situations
- support staff to understand more about being inclusive and how we can make a positive difference to raise expectations and attainment
- lead and model play activities to ensure positive pupil engagement at break and lunchtimes
- liaise and feedback to relevant staff members and parent/carers
- engage with our families and the local community to understand how we can work together to improve the aspirations for our children
- contribute and comply with the school’s policies and procedures.
Closing date for applications is Midday, 21st June 2021
For more information visit the JMAT website