The Trust is seeking to appoint a Higher Level Teaching Assistant, who is forward thinking and firmly believe that the enjoyment of learning is the key to success and progress, to work at Whiteways Primary School. The successful candidate will demonstrate high expectations of achievement and behaviour and commitment to providing a positive and creative learning environment. The main duties will involve:
- Classroom cover for KS1 including the planning and assessment.
- Leading interventions with groups of children particularly in reading, writing, maths and phonics
- Monitoring the pupils progress
- Participation in extracurricular activities
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- Be an excellent and qualified practitioner with experience of covering classes
- Have successful recent experience as an HLTA
- Have recent experience of a range of interventions
- Be keen to work in partnership with teachers
- Be able to work under instruction as well as having the ability to use their own initiative
- Have the ability to build excellent relationships and work positively with children, colleagues, parents and the community
- Work successfully as part of a team to plan, prepare and support learning
- Be flexible in order to respond to the needs of the children
Closing date for applications is 14th January 2022!
For more information on the role, and how to apply, click here to visit the Sheffield City Council website.