HLTA/Curriculum specialist with a SEND Focus
FRMAT are now seeking to appoint a highly motivated HLTA/ Curriculum Specialist with a SEND focus to work at Tinsley Meadows Primary Academy. Tinsley Meadows Primary Academy is part of Five Rivers Multi Academy Trust which has outcomes for children at the forefront of its vision.
This role will involve mainly working across all key stages within the SEND hub, and supporting pupils to transition into their mainstream classes. Where appropriate you will also be providing cover for the class teacher within this provision.
By applying for this position you will be applying to be part of a forward thinking, caring trust that puts children and staff at the centre of all decisions.
We are looking for a candidate who:
• Has high expectations for every child.
• Has a commitment to on-going personal and professional development.
• Has an interest in and a strong commitment to supporting children’s learning, development and well-being.
• Is caring and compassionate, treating children and colleagues with respect as individuals. Uphold the ethical principles and code of conduct.
• Values diversity, equity and inclusion and have high expectations for every child.
• Is innovative and creative.
• Is an effective team player and contribute to the whole school community.
• Is an excellent organiser and communicator with a proactive and friendly attitude.
• Has a record of good to outstanding teaching or a strong commitment to developing your practice to become outstanding.
• Has a strong understanding of the national curriculum and the EYFS curriculum.
• Have a commitment and passion for SEND.
As part of this role you will have the opportunity to directly work alongside the specialist teacher for SEND and work closely with school SENDCOs and Trust Educational Psychologist.
Within this role, you will have the chance to work closely with a number of outside agencies: Vision Impaired team, SALT, Autism Team and Fusion to develop your own skills and knowledge. To support you in your planning and preparation responsibilities a half day out of class is planned in each week.
Closing date for applications is 2nd March 2023.
For more information please visit the Sheffield City Council website.