Higher Level Teaching Assistant x 2 (1 x Primary and 1 x Secondary)
We are looking to appoint a number of Higher Level Teaching Assistant with the flexibility to work across all phases of the centre if required and we would welcome applicants from all educational sectors: primary, secondary, specialist or PRU/alternative provisions. This position presents a genuine opportunity for a HLTA with a proven track record in a particular phase to expand their skills and experience across wider fields of education. If you are considering a move from mainstream education we offer a full professional development package to further develop skills, for example in enhanced behaviour management techniques through Team Teach.
If you feel that you have the dedication, resilience and understanding of the needs of our students we would welcome your application.
We are looking for a HLTA who can:
- Help deliver a curriculum with a strong focus on pupil engagement and creativity.
- Show dedication and patience in working with pupils with behavioural, emotional and social difficulties
- Rise to the physical and emotional challenges of teaching students who are disaffected with education
- Help our students make progress in all subjects
- Show commitment to understanding and improving the life circumstances of all our pupils
- Be an excellent team player
- Deliver outstanding provision
- Have high aspirations for all of our pupils
Experience working with young people with emotional, social and behavioural difficulties is an advantage but by no means essential as full training will be given.
The successful candidate will entirely share our commitment and dedication to our young people. No matter what behaviours and challenges are faced day to day, you will remain resilient and ambitious for our students and will take every opportunity to celebrate success. The education and support we provide is personalised, dynamic and ever-changing. You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to both lead and participate in effective teams.
Closing date for applications is 17th June 2021.
For more information visit the Sheffield City Council website.