Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Netherthorpe Primary School is a one form entry school not far from the centre of Sheffield. Our children are happy and extremely eager to learn. Our children often join us with little or no English and make very good progress from their starting point.
They are looking to appoint a Temporary Higher Level Teaching Assistant who has a qualification in speech, language and literacy development and difficulties. They will be required to support the development of all pupils from Early Years to Keystage 2. They will work as part of a team under the direction of the school’s SENCo.
- Full time or part time applications will be considered.
- Multicultural experience desirable.
They want the successful candidate to be passionate about helping young people to achieve their full potential, to have high expectations of themselves, to share our passion for learning and our aim of achieving excellence for all.
Duties will include running specific programmes and activities to assist pupil’s individual learning and social needs.
The successful candidate will :
- Provide Speech and Language therapy for pupils attending school through individual or group sessions.
- Provide assessment for pupils as required.
- Contribute to training of staff and others as required.
- Provide written documents as needed at a professional standard including reports to contribute to pupils’ annual reviews.
- Deliver therapy intervention, ensuring that speech, language and communication programmes are integral to pupils’ development.
- Develop and implement speech and language programmes for individuals and groups using expertise to create innovative and effective ways of working where appropriate to maximise individual pupils’ potential.
- Provide speech and language targets.
- Attend and participate in regular meetings.
- Regularly monitor and review the pupils’ ongoing communication needs.
- Actively support staff members when they identify communication needs of pupils and support and implement possible solutions.
- Deliver all aspects of speech and language therapy intervention according to relevant evident based practices.
- Maintain records of invention according to professional standards.
- Be flexible to the demands of the environment including unpredictable events, deadlines and frequent interruptions.
- Attend any training and induction courses as requested by the Headteacher.
- Believe in giving every child the opportunity to fulfil their potential.
- Forge positive relationships with pupils, parents and staff and enjoy working as part of a whole-school team.
- Have good organisational and communication skills both orally and written.
- Make a positive contribution to our school team.
- Provide learning support in class or in withdrawal situations, either 1:1 or small groups.
- Support pupils in the playground and encouraging interactive play.
- Motivate and encourage pupils to have a go at activities they may be unsure of and to encourage independence.
- Provide positive reinforcements and praise.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils within the classroom provision and give every child the opportunity to fulfil their full potential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and work closely with staff to provide positive learning experiences for our pupils.
Closing date for applications is 10.00am, 28th June 2021.
For more information visit the Sheffield City Council website.