Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Cascade Multi Academy Trust is seeking a Higher-Level Teaching Assistant to join the Trust, the successful person will initially be employed at Hucklow Primary School
Our vision at Cascade MAT is to Transform the life changes of our children; ensure safe and secure learning environments; create inspirational places for our staff to work and to be an influential part of the local community.
Across the Trust we inspire our children to aim high and succeed, equipping them with the necessary skills and knowledge for the future. We promote understanding, respect and tolerance for each other.
The Trust is seeking to appoint a Higher-Level Teaching Assistant who is forward thinking and firmly believe that the enjoyment of learning is the key to success and progress.
Hucklow Primary is a welcoming, innovative and diverse school with clarity of vision and understands how important your role is in achieving the vision. Ofsted said at a recent inspection:
‘You are very well supported by an able leadership team and effective trust and governing boards.’
‘There is a palpable team ethos across the school’
‘Staff care deeply about the pupils and their families’
The successful candidate will demonstrate high expectations of achievement and behaviour and a commitment to providing a positive and creative learning environment.
The main duties will involve:
- Classroom cover for KS1 & KS2 including the planning and assessment.
- Leading catch-up interventions with groups of children particularly in reading, writing, maths and phonics
- Monitoring the pupils progress
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- Be an excellent and qualified practitioner with experience of covering classes
- Have successful recent experience as an HLTA
- Have recent experience of a range of interventions
- Be keen to work in partnership with teachers
- Be able to work under instruction as well as having the ability to use their own initiative
- Have the ability to build excellent relationships and work positively with children, colleagues, parents and the community
- Work successfully as part of a team to plan, prepare and support learning
- Be flexible in order to respond to the needs of the children
Closing date for applications is Midday, 28th June 2021.
For more information visit the Sheffield City Council website.