Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Sheffield City Council is not responsible for the wording of this advertisement and does not accept liability to the reader for any information included. If you have any queries or concerns, please speak directly to the school.
The Tapton School Academy Trust are looking to appoint from September 2021 a Higher Level Teaching Assistant to cover PPA time and staff absence to start in September 2021 at Wisewood Primary School. Wisewood Primary is a 1-form entry school with 164 children on roll and is located in the north west of the city between Hillsborough, Loxley and Malin Bridge.
We are looking to appoint a high quality, enthusiastic professional who is keen to develop and go the extra mile for our children. The role currently involves working in our KS2 bubble to undertake whole class teaching cover as well as some small group interventions. However, subject to the lifting of COVID restrictions, it is envisaged that the successful candidate will be required to cover in all classes across school, therefore experience across all Key Stages would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a relevant teaching qualification, meet the National Higher Level Teaching Assistant Standards, or have an equivalent HLTA qualification If candidates do not currently have the HLTA qualification they must be willing to enrol on the course as soon as possible.
- Have a diverse set of skills which will enable you to be flexible working in the classroom
- Be passionate about teaching and learning
- Be able to work creatively and strategically and collaborate with teachers
- Be an innovative and reflective practitioner who is keen to learn
- Be positive, with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Be committed to improving the life chances of every child
- Have experience of working across EYFS, KS1 & KS2
- Have excellent classroom skills including high expectations and a commitment to challenging every learner through an exciting, inspiring enquiry-based curriculum
- Have outstanding interpersonal skills that motivate and inspire children to achieve their very best
- Have highly effective communication, organisational and teamwork skills.
Closing date for applications is 21st June 2021.
For more information visit the Sheffield City Council website.