Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Mossbrook School is a split site school which educates and cares for primary aged pupils who have a range of learning difficulties and disabilities including Autism. They are looking for an empathic practitioner who is up for working in a challenging, forward thinking school. They require a HLTA for learning support and behaviour, who will work as part of a team across the school, building relationships, working with class teams, individual children and their families.
The posts are temporary and initially for one year. The successful candidates will join us in September 2021.
- Are you a calm, flexible and empathic?
- Are you passionate about working with children who have learning difficulties and autism?
- Are you committed to supporting children’s needs when their behaviour challenges us?
- Do you want to make a real difference to the lives of children and their families?
- Do you want to work in a school where ‘pupils come first’ and are taught and cared for as the individuals they are?
- Do you think you can make a positive impact upon pupils exhibiting behaviour, trauma and difficulties.
- Have you got skills, experience and creativity to work with children where their behaviour is adversely affecting their attendance, progress and attainment at school and/or the education and safety of other pupils.
If you answered yes to the above questions then you might be the HLTA they are looking for and they might be the right school for you.
Mossbrook School can offer:
- Wonderful children who we learn from every day
- Supportive parents who have a strong sense of community
- A professional, committed and friendly staff team
- A strong positive ethos and a school where everyone is valued and treated with respect
- The opportunity to undertake a range of professional development opportunities
- A committed and dedicated leadership team and Governing Body
For more information please visit Sheffield City Council’s website.