Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Watercliffe Meadow Primary School are currently looking to recruit a talented and ambitious full-time Higher Lever Teaching Assistant (HLTA) to lead an innovative and successful alternative provision based in their Early Years setting at Watercliffe Meadow. The provision caters for young children diagnosed with autism and complex needs. Some pupils who attend have Educational Health Care Plans (EHCPs) and are non-verbal. The successful candidate will have experience and knowledge of working with vulnerable children and a variety of strategies to support children with complex special educational needs.
This is a fantastic new opportunity for a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA). Your experience of working with SEND children on a 1:1 of small group basis could be in either a mainstream primary school, a specialist setting or integrated resource. You will be expected to teach, plan and deliver interventions and have experience supporting children academically and within their classes. In this role you will work alongside and be supported by a large Early Years team, their Early Years SENDCO and speech and language therapist.
Candidates should have:
- completed the HLTA qualification or NVQ level 4 or equivalent (desirable but not essential)
- the ability to engage, inspire, motivate and build excellent relationships with children and staff
- good communication and organisational skills
- resilience, dedication and the ability to be pro-active and use your initiative
- supported by SEN children in the primary sector
- SEN experience; ASD in particular children with speech and language needs
- experience working with, planning and teaching children in 1:1 and small group situations
- relevant training such as – SCERTS, attention autism, PECs, curiosity boxes, Team Teach (desirable but not essential)
Closing date for applications is the 13th December 2021 at 9am!
For more information on the role, and how to apply, click here to visit the Sheffield City Council website.