Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Kilnhurst Primary School is a school which has creative and curious staff, who are committed to providing a 21st century education for all our pupils, and as such they support opportunities for their professional growth. They are looking to appoint a caring, well qualified, experienced, enthusiastic and proactive person to join their team. The successful applicant must have high expectations for pupils’ educational, social and emotional development and be committed ‘to go that extra mile’ to support them to drive school improvements to benefit all of their children. The role will involve working across all age groups to cover PPA, provide high quality learning experiences within the classroom and add to our offer in the form of a specialism such as PE, music or MFL. They are seeking:-
- An excellent practitioner who is competent in literacy and numeracy and holds relevant qualifications.
- Has experience of working within a school setting.
- Is able to work as part of a team in a lively learning environment.
Duties will include:-
- Cover for PPA across all year groups
- Deliver high quality learning across the whole school
- Cover for short term absence
- Lead on a specialist subject area across school
- Deliver CPD to other staff around your area of expertise
- Enhancing learning in the class, with small groups and on a one-to-one basis
- Supporting the children’s social and emotional well being
- Keeping up-to-date records as required
Closing date for applications is the 15th October 2021, at 12 Noon!
For further information on how to apply, visit the Rotherham City Council Website.