The Willows School are seeking to recruit an individual with an interest in nature and outdoors who has the skills to encourage wildlife into the area. They would be responsible for maintaining the schools outdoor/woodland area. This includes maintaining a pond, therefore pond maintenance knowledge would be beneficial but not essential.
This role is for an individual that has good multi-trade repair skills, a positive can-do attitude and is willing to undertake a variety of tasks and be able to work alone, as well as part of a team. They would be working alongside the school Caretaker as well as the schools outdoor teams to ensure the school maintenance and repairs are carried out in a swift and timely manner, as well as maintaining the outdoor classroom and surrounding area.
Main duties would include;
- Maintenance of the pond and outdoor areas and internal and external window cleaning.
- Assisting the Caretaker with manual tasks such as snow clearing and heavy lifting.
- Installing school whiteboards and noticeboards.
- Delivering new items of furniture to varying parts of the school, positioning as requested, and removing old furniture for disposal.
- During the winter months, any maintenance inside the school building, such as painting and decorating or any day to day repairs.
For more information visit the Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council website
Closing date for applications is the 23rd August 2021!