Foundation Stage Teaching Assistant – Level 3
Waverley Junior Academy are seeking to appoint ambitious and enthusiastic Level 3 Teaching Assistants, who will work with colleagues to support the learning and teaching of children in Waverley Junior Academy. The post-holder will support access to learning for pupils by assisting the teacher, including the management and preparation of resources, implementing agreed work programmes both within and outside of the classroom, assisting with the whole planning cycle, and providing general support in the classroom. The Level 3 Teaching Assistant may use their detailed and specialist knowledge in particular areas to support individual or groups of pupils. S/he may also supervise whole classes for short periods of time.
Under the guidance of others the Level 3 Teaching Assistant will:
- Support the teacher by assisting with lesson plans and evaluating/adjusting lesson/work plans as appropriate
- Supervise and support pupils, ensuring their safety and access to learning, including pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required.
- Establish good relationships with pupils, providing relevant pastoral support, and acting as a role model and responding appropriately to individual needs.
- Monitor, evaluate and record pupil progress and response to learning activities through observation
- Administer and assess routine tests and invigilate exams, undertaking routine marking of pupils’ work as directed by the teacher
- Encourage pupils to interact and work cooperatively with others and to engage in all activities
- Support pupils consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs; promoting independence and employing strategies to recognise and reward.
- Receive and supervise pupils excluded from or otherwise not working to a normal timetable.
- Provide appropriate feedback to pupils relating to their progress and achievement.
Closing date for applications is Monday 13th December 2021!
For more information on the role, and how to apply, click here to visit the TES website.