Food and Technology Assistant
Sheffield Park Academy are seeking to appoint a creative and dedicated Food & Technology Technician to assist across our successful department. They are looking for someone who is both able and willing to assist both students and teaching staff by using providing classroom support to impact on standards within the department. Main technician duties will be supporting in the delivery of Food Technology lessons although ad-hoc support may also be required across Technology and Art so a broad range of skills would be advantageous in this role.
Core hours will be 8am while 4pm. The academy is also open to considering applications from those candidates wishing to work part-time hours.
Main Duties include:
- Supporting teachers in the delivering of Technology lessons.
- Supporting students to ensure correct use of equipment is adhered to.
- Prepare any equipment to support lesson activities and clear away after lessons.
- Assist with practical demonstrations.
- To assist in Food Technology lessons with the preparation of materials, weighting out and preparing ingredients, wrapping food after lessons
They are looking for:
- Someone with excellent food prep knowledge.
- Someone who has an awareness of health & safety issues.
- The ability to demonstrate and operate a wide range of cooking and technology equipment.
- The ability to design and maintain equipment to correct standards.
- Someone who shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all of our young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment from people who care about them.
- Someone who is resilient, dynamic and passionate about improving the life chances of all children in our community.
Closing date for applications is 10am, 9th July 2021.
For more information visit the United Learning website.