Bents Green School Learning Community is seeking to appoint as soon as possible, a highly motivated individual who is interested in joining our Facilities Team.
In consultation with the Business Manager, to be responsible for all day to day matters relating to the satisfactory and safe operation and maintenance of the School’s buildings, grounds and sports facilities on all sites. To lead and manage the School’s facilities support team, carrying out duties as required to ensure the smooth running of the School sites. The role requires flexibility as the team works in shifts.
Responsible for developing and implementing the site maintenance plan and preventative maintenance to ensure the team operates to an exceptional standards; and the sites continue to meet the future needs of the school.
The Facilities Manager will have a professional, helpful and friendly manner and will suit an individual who is passionate about delivering excellent service standards.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:-
- To lead and develop the Facilities department, supporting and encouraging development of skills and training requirements to maintain the School sites.
- Play a management role to ensure the continuous improvement of Health and Safety across the school, and be the main point of contact with external Health and Safety advisors.
- To line manage the Facilities Department of approximately 15 individuals and manage the deployment of these staff in order to ensure approximately levels of cover to keep the site running smoothly on a day to day basis.
- To identify and supervise grounds/caretaking/maintenance tasks as required, and to maintain working rotas and monitor working hours of site staff, ensuring high standards are met.
- To procure and manage external maintenance contractors, monitor performance, inspect and sign off completed work. To include waste, refuse and recycling.
- To ensure that the School complies with all current legislation in relation to site safety and to maintenance appropriate records and policies, including fire safety checks and ensure routine inspections of the sites and buildings are taking place, including daily maintenance checks.
- To take responsibility for the mechanical and electrical systems throughout the School sites, arrange routine and statutory inspections and ensure any remedial works required are actioned in a timely manner.
- To take ownership for budgetary control relating to maintenance, grounds and small equipment items ensuring that spending is in line with budgets.
- Assist in developing and delivering the completion of agreed capital projects, ensuring best value for money is achieved, and projects are completed on time within budget.
- Understand the School’s critical incident plan and procedures, and undertaken reasonable duties as required.
- Ensure all relevant risk assessments are completed, kept under review and trained out to all staff. To include those conducted by third parties such as Asbestos, Legionella and Fire Risk Assessments.
- Compile termly Facilities reports for Governors, providing updates on capital projects and key maintenance issues.
- Act as a designated on-call key holder providing out of hours and emergency response to alarms.
Bents Green Learning Community operates across three sites – Ringinglow, Gleadless and Westfield – and staff may be required to work across all sites in order to meet the needs of the students.
Bents Green School is a school for students with autistic spectrum conditions and communication and interaction difficulties. At Bents Green Learning Community, they are immensely proud of their students and the calibre of their staff is a key strength. They are excited and committed to delivering a high quality provision driven by their desire to continually improve. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS check and medical form.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 8th April 2021
For more information, or to apply, please visit Sheffield City Council’s website.