Yewlands Academy have a fantastic opportunity for an energetic and motivated Facilities Manager to join our premises team to help us ensure that our Academy provides a safe, welcoming and purposeful environment for children, staff and visitors. Yewlands Academy is looking for a practical, motivated individual with appropriate experience or qualifications to take a lead role within our premises team. They are very proud of the building so we especially want someone who will really care for the Academy, ensuring it looks its best, is safe and exemplifies the high expectations we have of students. The role will include a wide range of responsibilities and duties connected with the fabric of the building, health and safety, grounds and facilities maintenance and security.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, keen to work in partnership with the staff at Yewlands Academy, having the ability to use their initiative and lead and manage other within their team in addition to working in partnership with other estates and compliance staff across the trust. They should have the ability to provide support to the Academy Leadership in respect of health and safety and other premises related issues.
The post will be primarily standard day working but may involve shift working in case of need. Weekend working and work at other sites within the Trust may be required occasionally.
A proactive approach, good attention to detail and good literacy and numeracy skills are essential.
- passionate and motivated to provide the best site for our students
- innovative and ready to support a site that is well-kept and organised
- able to lead, support and manager other premises staff
- an individual who can develop and implement systems/procedures as well as maintain current ones
- experienced in health and safety and premises compliance
- able to contribute to projects and schedules within Yewlands Academy and across the wider Trust
- practical, with good DIY skills
Closing date for applications is Midday, 15th July 2021.
For more information visit the Sheffield City Council website.