Executive Business Manager
United Learning Trust are looking to appoint a well-qualified, capable, enthusiastic and highly motivated Executive Business Manager to lead and supervise their support services across the five schools in their Yorkshire Cluster. You will also offer trusted strategic advice to each of their Principals as they look to develop the unique strengths of each school, with the support a collaborative cluster can provide.
• Do you have exceptional communication and organisation skills?
• Do you enjoy coming up with solutions to often complex issues?
• Do you have the skills to work with and influence a wide range of people?
• Do you want to shape an exceptional service for our schools, in an exciting and developing context, where no two days are the same?
• Are you ready for the next step in your career?
If so, Sheffield Park Academy would love to hear from you.
You will be attracted to the long-term project of growing the schools, in popularity and resources, but also in their strengths and distinctiveness. Equally, you will be excited by the fast pace of working in the schools. Working closely with the Regional Director and the Principals in school, you will help to support the academies and meet their individual requirements and be a key figure in forming plans for the future, working with leaders, governors and the academy trust, United Learning.
You will relish the opportunity to develop the Cluster within the context of United Learning, the largest academy group in the country, making the most of the opportunities of the resources and expertise available. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate sound financial planning and budgetary control, adept leadership skills and be able to make sure that the Cluster remains forward-thinking and outward-looking.
This is a wide-ranging role with overall responsibility for the teams that make up our support services across the Cluster. The ideal candidate will not be required to be an expert in every function but have the ability to work well in a variety of contexts and to lead diverse teams of specialists in their areas. The success and growth of the Cluster over the next few years will impact on this role giving an exciting opportunity for development moving forwards.
You will oversee managers and teams in the following areas:
• Business Managers / Finance
• Human Resources
• Estates management and Health and Safety
• Information Technology
• Compliance, Governance & GDPR
You will also be responsible for ensuring best value from functions which are contracted out to other providers including catering, cleaning and grounds.
The Yorkshire cluster comprises of Sheffield Park Academy, Sheffield Springs Academy and Barnsley Academy and supports the work of High Hazels, Hunningley and Bank End Primary schools which all form part of the United Learning Group. Their three secondary schools are all rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted and work closely together to realise their goal of being a leading learning partnership whilst also supporting our feeder primary schools.
This unique role offers the opportunity to shape the development of the business offer to their schools in South Yorkshire, leading and developing teams of skilled and qualified business support staff and making a tangible impact on the lives of young people.
In return you will receive a strong commitment to your professional development (including access to specialist leadership training via the Apprenticeship Levy to Level 7), a dynamic working environment, a range of employee benefits and a competitive salary.
Rewards and Benefits:
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Competitive salary.
- Access to the local government pension scheme.
- Occupational sick pay, protecting you and your family.
- Competitive maternity, paternity, and adoption benefits.
- Over 250 employee exclusive benefits through partners Perkbox, including access to discounted cinema tickets, holidays and gym memberships, car leasing and Cycle2work schemes.
- Continuous Professional Development options that will be tailored to your needs.
- A supportive team across the country.
- Options for flexible working.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Wednesday 24th March 2021
Interviews will be held: Thursday 1st April 2021 and Wednesday 7th April 2021
For more information, or to apply, please visit United Learning’s website.