Chaucer School is an ACE aware/trauma informed school that places our young people at the heart of everything that we do. All staff whether teaching or support staff have a desire to see our young people reach their potential and become successful, happy and confident young adults.
They are seeking a dynamic and high calibre professional to manage examination administration. This is a key role within the organisation working to the Assistant Headteacher with responsibility for Curriculum. The postholder will be key in ensuring the accuracy and integrity of our examination processes across the school.
A primary responsibility will be ensuring that examination entries are completed accurately and within the examination body timescales, examination timetables are created, the examination process on the day is undertaken in line with the high expectations and regulations from the JCQ (the examination lead body). Maintaining confidentiality and the integrity of the examination entries, papers and results is also crucial to the success of this element of the school processes. The effective delivery of these services, the quality of response and communication and the professional approach to all stakeholders will be key success criteria.
The postholder will be a vital component in ensuring professional, timely and courteous communication with our stakeholders whilst managing a diverse and highly responsive service to a number of differing audiences.
The postholder will be required to work flexibly across the year to meet the fluctuating demands of the examination sessions.
Do you have:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High levels of organisational, time management and IT skills
- An ability to prioritise and use your initiative
- Systematic and effective documentation and record-keeping
- The ability to deal sensitively and discreetly with a wide range of people
- A flexible and adaptable approach to working
- An interest in whole school issues and a desire to work with young people
- A smile and a can-do attitude
- A desire and ability to reflect on practice and constantly improve
Closing date for applications is 8am, 5th July 2021.
For more information visit the Sheffield City Council website.