Examinations Manager – Part Time
Silverdale School are seeking a part-time Exams Manager who ideally is experienced in the use of SIMS exams organiser. The successful candidate will be flexible, have exceptional organisation skills, team management experience and be a competent and effective Exams professional.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• To be responsible for the maintenance and development of examinations systems and processes to the standards required by the academy, appropriate examinations boards and key stakeholders.
This will include, but not be limited to:
• Liaise with senior staff, exam boards and other parties in all examination related matters, this includes internal and external exams.
• Act as first point of contact for student and parents in respect of all queries and problems relating to examinations.
• Production and distribution of examination timetables.
• Ensure entries and amendments are entered into the information and management system and communicated to relevant boards.
• Recruit, train, supervise and manage all staff directly involved in the administration and invigilation of examinations, including line management, staff development and appraisal.
• Ensure that clashes, transfers, changes to times,etc. are efficiently administered.
• Day to day preparation of examination rooms.
• Receipt and security of examination papers, stationery and materials.
• Ensure all mail received and sent out is properly handled and recorded.
• All examination administrative procedures regarding pupils with special arrangements and considerations.
• Management of the school budget for examinations including recharges of exam fees to pupils where appropriate, and submitting income received to school finance office.
• Ensure controlled assessment marks and predicted grades are recorded and communicated as appropriate.
• Lead and manage the administration of examination arrangements for other qualifications, including those done in cooperation with other centres in Sheffield and nationally.
• Organise both internal and external examinations at off-site venues where appropriate.
• Manage and administer On-Line testing of exams. Liaise with technical staff to ensure correct tests are downloaded.
• Attend conferences and training regarding national testing developments and examination procedures. Feedback the information/training to other staff as appropriate.
• Manage all the arrangements for receipt and distribution of examination results including compilation of statistics for senior staff and school publications.
• From time to time, to meet the needs of the school, you may be asked but not automatically expected to work hours additional to your normal working hours. The school will give you as much notice as possible and you will be paid/recompensed for such work. Examples where this might be required are for example; relevant key school events such as Open Evenings, exam results days, trips, clubs, training etc.
• Assist with the clerical duties of the administration team as required from time to time and as appropriate to your role.
• Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
• Participate in relevant training, other learning activities and performance management as required.
• Ensure display boards and leaflet displays, etc are kept up to date and in good order as appropriate and required.
• To undertake any other duties and responsibilities, commensurate with the level of the post, as may be determined after negotiation between management, the postholder and appropriate trade unions.
Closing date for applications: 31st May 2021
For more information please visit Chorus Trust’s website.