Educational Welfare Officer
Chaucer School is an ACE aware/trauma informed school that places our young people at the heart of everything that we do. All staff whether teaching or support staff have a desire to see our young people reach their potential and become successful, happy and confident young adults.
They are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Educational Welfare Officer to work as part of the school attendance team. Attendance is vital to the success of our learners and we are seeking a committed and dynamic colleague who will work closely with our families and students identifying and challenging barriers to attendance and engagement.
The successful postholder will be highly visible within our community visiting families and challenging poor attendance. You will work within an Attendance team and the wider pastoral support team to support and challenge students and families to improve attendance – this will involve using and understanding data, understanding the challenges that families face with teenage children, regular meetings with students, families, Local Authority and multi agency team workers to improve attendance. You will also be the link between the school and the local authority in moving stuck cases through the legal process.
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent communication and liaison skills and the ability to establish and maintain good personal working relationships with all members of the school community
- Have good organisational and data skills that ensure organisational communication is accurate and effective with pupils and families
- Have the ability to work as part of a team and to work independently
- Utilise a range of systems to ensure accuracy of attendance records
- Have the ability and skill to motivate families to improve their attendance levels across the school
- Be confident in meeting parents/carers and challenging absences within the family home
- Be willing to work flexibly to meet the demands of the job
Closing date for applications is 8am, 5th July 2021.
For more information visit the Sheffield City Council website.