Education Welfare Officer
An opportunity has arisen for an Education Welfare Officer, who will support the Senior Education Welfare Officer working across our Multi Academy Trust to ensure all children and young people access school regularly, whilst also contributing to all aspects of safeguarding, including child protection.
The successful candidate will liaise with national and local bodies to ensure ACET meets all regulatory and statutory obligations whilst proactively monitoring national and local initiatives to advise the trust on current and future developments.
The successful candidate will:
- Have significant experience of working with children and/or families
- Have experience of inter-agency working to support children and/or families
- Have working knowledge of child protection / safeguarding of children and young people
- Be able to work independently and with initiative
- Be able to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and tact
- Have a pragmatic approach
- Have good communication skills
- Be energetic, well-motivated and flexible
- Have a professional manner and plenty of common sense
- Be educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
You will be based at Lowedges Junior Academy but the role will involve travelling to other academies within the trust.
Closing date for applications is 9am, 13th July 2021.
For more information visit the Rotherham Council website.