Designated Safeguarding Lead
Brightside Nursery Infant School is dedicated to providing high quality education and has earned a place in the heart of generations of children and families. They are an inclusive, caring and happy school with a very positive ethos and atmosphere. They have high expectations, a passion for learning and a proven track record of supporting all children successfully to maximise their full potential.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Designated Safeguarding Lead to join their team from September 2022 on a full-time and permanent basis. The DSL will take lead responsibility for safeguarding and child protection across the school (including online safety). They will take part in strategy discussions and inter-agency meetings, and contribute to the assessment of children.
They will advise and support other members of staff on child welfare, safeguarding and child protection matters, and liaise with relevant agencies such as the local authority and police. Some safeguarding activities may be delegated to deputies, but the DSL will retain ultimate lead responsibility for safeguarding and child protection along with the Headteacher. The successful candidate will have relevant and successful experience of:
- Managing safeguarding referrals
- Working with staff and other agencies
- Managing the Child Protection file
- Holding and sharing information.
- be proactive, motivated and flexible
- be prepared to prioritise and take a lead
- have up to date significant knowledge of safeguarding policies, procedures and practices, including attendance
- have excellent people skills
- be an effective communicator
They can offer the opportunity to:
- work in a culturally diverse community
- work in a well managed and resourced school
- work with active and enthusiastic children, supportive staff, governors and parents
- work in an outstanding school where ‘children are cherished’ (Ofsted 2013).
- receive full training to advanced safeguarding level.
For more information on the role, and how to apply, click here to visit the Sheffield City Council website.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 11th of September 2022, at 23:59!