Deputy Student Support Services Manager
Longley Park wish to appoint a Deputy Student Support Services Manager to support the Student Support Services Manager in leading the Sixth Form’s Support Services team and to act as the Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (DDSL). Core duties of the role will be:
- to assist with the line management of the Wellbeing team to provide outstanding support to vulnerable young adults
- to act as DDSL within the primary safeguarding team responsible for managing safeguarding disclosures
- attending all multi agency meetings and maintaining appropriate records,
- coordinating the Sixth Form Wellbeing Service for students experiencing personal, social, behavioural, emotional difficulties, supervising the administration of the 16-19 bursary fund and free school meal scheme
- coordinating/developing student welfare initiatives such as counselling and sexual heath drop-in clinic.
Ideally the successful candidate will hold a specialist qualification in areas such as student support, mentoring, counselling or guidance or the equivalent of this, and must have a sound knowledge of the 14-19 curriculum and experience of working with young people in a supportive role. It is desirable for candidates to have 2 years’ experience in a similar or related role and have an awareness of local safeguarding partnerships and support services. Candidates must be IT literate, have excellent organisational, time-management and communication skills and be committed to providing quality customer service and solution focussed.
Closing date for applications is the 7th December 2021 at 4pm!
For more information on the role, and how to apply, click here to visit the Sheffield City Council website.