Cover Supervisors X 2
King Edward VII School is a thriving, over-subscribed School, with a diverse intake. It is a stimulating place in which to work, offering many opportunities to students and staff alike. The School enjoys an excellent reputation and sees the calibre of its staff as a key strength. King Edward VII School has two sites within the S10 area, approximately 1.5 miles apart. The successful candidate will be required to work at both sites. At King Edward VII School we offer an excellent benefits package, including a pension, a cycle to work scheme, eye test vouchers and cash plan including therapy benefits. We also offer a full employee assistance programme (EAP) along with access to 24/7 virtual GP surgery.
We have an exciting opportunity for a well-motivated Cover Supervisors to supervise whole classes during the short-term absence of the class teacher under the guidance of the Cover Manager and teaching staff. The role will include the implementation of work programmes, managing student behaviour and assisting students in relevant activities.
The post holder will work across the School to support teachers in the development and delivery of learning. In addition, the post holder will provide general support to the curriculum and be expected to play a full part in the life of the School.
The post is an ideal preparation for applicants considering formal teacher training in the future by providing opportunities to lead classes, manage behaviour, work alongside experienced staff and learn the rhythms of School life.
The applicant should:
- enjoy working with a wide range of young people and adults in a busy learning environment
- have excellent organisational skills and be reliable, efficient, flexible and adaptable
- have strong literacy, numeracy and ICT skills
- have excellent inter-personal skills and can use initiative when necessary
- have relevant experience of successfully supporting the learning of young people
- want to make a real contribution to the life of this School
- be educated to at least Level 3 (A Level/NVQ 3 or equivalent) qualifications or experience
Applicants must have a good working knowledge of the whole suite of Microsoft Office software and be comfortable using Word and Excel extensively. We use SIMS as our main management information software and whilst familiarity with this piece of software is not essential the successful candidate must be able to learn quickly as they will use this central source of management information on a daily basis.
Closing date for applications is Midday, 29th June 2021.
For more information visit the King Edward VII School website.