Seven Hills School is a Secondary Special School for young people with a range of complex needs including severe learning difficulties, autistic spectrum disorder, physical disabilities and communication difficulties. They cater for pupils from 11 to 19 years of age.
Seven Hills School are looking to appoint a Full Time Cover Supervisor to work as part of a team of dedicated and committed support staff. This appointment is temporary in the first instance until 31 August 2022 to meet the current needs of the school and will be reviewed.
Purpose of the Job: Whilst the main focus of this role will be the provision of cover for teachers, the jobholder will also be required to work across the school to support in the development and delivery of learning for pupils and by helping with administrative tasks. As a Cover Supervisor, the successful applicant will undertake a variety of roles in school including:
- To provide support for learning in line with all aspects of a Cover Supervisor
- Plan and deliver lessons to both whole classes and small groups
- Work within an agreed framework of supervision to complement the professional work of Teachers, including planning, preparation and delivery of lessons
- Deploy and inform the work of other teaching assistants
- Effective liaison with parents/carers and other professionals
- Contribute significantly to annual reviews, student assessment and reporting student progress
Closing date for applications is 4th December 2022.
For more information, please visit the Sheffield City Council website.