Sheffield Park Academy is seeking to appoint a Cover Supervisor to join their established Cover team. The academy is part of United Learning, a national group of schools and academies. Sheffield Park Academy is an 11-18 secondary school serving the Park, Manor and Darnall wards of Sheffield. As part of United Learning our aim is to bring out ‘the Best in Everyone’ and they continuously strive to ensure that students and staff have every opportunity to succeed, with their potential developed to the utmost.
They are seeking to appoint a dedicated and hardworking Cover Supervisor to complement their existing team. Main duties will be to supervise whole classes during the short-term absence of the class teacher under the guidance of work set from teaching/senior staff. This will include the implementation of work programmes, managing student behaviour and assisting students in relevant activities. The successful candidate will be:
- Confident in their ability to manage a whole class of students within the age range 11 to 18.
- Able to communicate appropriately and effectively with young people.
- Able to manage behaviour in the classroom to ensure students remain engaged in set work.
- Flexible to work throughout the school within different departments and with different age ranges on a daily basis.
- Someone who shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all of their young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment from people who care about them.
- Someone who is passionate about teaching and learning and who will inspire their students to achieve their potential.
- Act as a role model to students so professionalism and confidentiality will be key attributes.
For more information on the role, and how to apply, click here to visit the Sheffield Park Academy website!
Closing date for applications is Monday 22nd of August 2022, at 9am!