The successful post-holder will work within the Academy, helping to provide learning support for students of all abilities. They will provide supervision of students in the absence of the Subject Teacher or Class Tutor. This is not a teaching role. Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- The supervision of lessons, including the entry and dismissal of classes during the short-term absence of a teacher.
- Liaison with Heads of Faculties when necessary regarding the cover work.
- Registration of Advisory groups in the absence of the Advisory teacher.
- Invigilation of examinations.
- Daily duties when necessary.
- The supervision of students when on school visits, in the place of some teachers.
- When lesson cover is not required, tasks associated with reducing teachers’ workload including administration or support within lessons.
- Assisting Senior Staff with combined groups and working under their direction.
- Possibility of a Mentoring Group.
- Comply with Health and Safety, Fire Regulations and other Academy policies.
- Any other duties in support of the Academy as reasonably decided by The Principal/Academy Senior Leadership Team.
- Safeguarding children and young people
The supervision of lessons will include:
- Maintaining good order and discipline.
- Registering students.
- Delivery of work set by the teacher or Head of Faculty.
- Assisting students to complete the work.
- Collecting the completed work and returning to the appropriate person.
- Ensuring the classroom and surrounding area is left clean and tidy.
- Looking after any resources used.
Closing date for applications is 29th April 2022!
For more information on the role, and how to apply, click here to visit the TES website, searching for Sheffield.