The Trustees of Steel City Schools Partnership are looking to recruit a Cook-Supervisor to complement the catering teams currently in place. This post is permanent and will be based at Brook House Junior.
Our Vision and Ethos
Our determination to make a difference is rooted in moral purpose, we want to improve outcomes and life chances for young people. This is manifested in everything we do:
To provide a first class, innovative education for all.
Achieving Excellence; Sustaining Excellence; Sharing Excellence
- We believe that a clearly and simply articulated ambition and a relentless drive for improvement from all is key to the success of Steel City Schools Partnership – Achieving Excellence
- We believe that trusting relationships, effective communications and on-going capacity building are keys to sustained and sustainable organisational improvement – Sustaining Excellence
- We believe that the right information, education, training and support are key drivers to enable and support effective system improvement – Sharing Excellence
We are looking for someone who will share our passion for providing a personal and customer focused service to pupils and staff.
- C&G 706/1 & 706/2 or equivalent
- Basic Food Safety Certificate
Applicants should have:
- Extensive food knowledge with the ability to cook and present fresh food to a consistently high standard, for school meals and hospitality
- Attention to detail and high standards with regard to cleanliness and compliance implementation and monitoring of food safety (HACCP) must be demonstrated
- Understanding of the current School Food Standards
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with staff and pupils
- Experience of high volume meal production
- Understanding of preparation of special diets
- Experience of leading a team
In addition, we are looking for someone who:
- Has good communication and inter-personal skills with children and adults
- Is able to work within tight deadlines and cope well under pressure
- Is flexible
- Has good organisational skills
- Is motivated and hard working
- Is committed to providing an excellent service in their own Academy and across the Trust
We expect the successful candidates to work within our collaborative spirit and ethos, by building on the successes of the individual schools by working in conjunction with others to raise standards and enhance the outcomes for the pupils, families and communities we serve.
Closing date for applications is 1st July 2021
For more information visit the Sheffield City Council website