Seven Hills School are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, experienced and well organised person to join the admin team at Seven Hills school. The School office is an extremely busy environment where no two days are the same. It is also the first point of contact for visitors; therefore it is important that applicants are friendly and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You will be enthusiastic, highly motivated with excellent planning, administration and organisational skills to enable you to carry out a wide range of administrative duties. They are looking for someone who is able to use their own initiative, is efficient, flexible in their approach and is able to produce a high standard of work whilst working to tight deadlines.
You will need to work collaboratively within a staff team to provide high quality support to the school and to the Leadership Team and will possess a good knowledge of office procedures and communication / reception skills, can work independently whilst maintaining a team perspective.
- Provide routine clerical / admin support e.g. photocopying, filing, faxing, emailing, complete routine forms and respond to routine correspondence
- To collect and record appropriate statistics
- Maintain manual and computerised records-management information systems
- Assist with the pupil data base (Sims System)
- Produce lists / information / data as required
- Undertake typing, word-processing and other IT based tasks
- Sort and distribute mail
- Undertake reception duties and answer routine telephone and face to face enquiries, signing in visitors
- Operate relevant office equipment / ICT packages (e.g. word, excel, school databases, spreadsheets, Internet)
- Provide general advice and guidance to staff, pupils and others as appropriate
- Undertake any recognised training as necessary in accordance with a planned programme of development.
- Possess a warm and welcoming personality
- Relate well to young people with a range of complex needs
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be able to work within tight deadlines and cope well under pressure
- Be able to work well independently and use their initiative when completing tasks
- Maintain confidentiality
- Be flexible to meet the workload demand
- Have good organisational skills
- Be highly motivated and hard working
- Be committed to providing an excellent administrative service
Closing date for applications is the 14th December 2021!
For more information on the role, and how to apply, click here to visit the Sheffield City Council website.