St Mary’s CE Academy is looking to appoint a temporary cleaner to work as part of the premises team providing a cleaning service. Cleaning staff will be required to undertake general cleaning duties. Applicants should be highly motivated, enthusiastic and hardworking, possess good communication skills and be able to work both in a team and independently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To carry out cleaning duties as required including sweeping, dusting, wall washing, toilet cleaning, mopping and use of vacuum cleaners.
- To ensure that the correct equipment is used for each specific cleaning task, including electrical and mechanical equipment.
- To follow the appropriate instructions and COSHH regulations when using cleaning materials.
- To empty litter bins in classrooms and offices.
- To replenish janitorial supplies in toilets.
- To follow and be aware of responsibilities for Health & Safety measures designed to protect self, other staff and users of the premises.
- To notify the Site Supervisor/Caretaker/school office, of any damage to buildings and equipment or of anything you see that may be dangerous to pupils and/or staff.
- To ensure that windows and doors are closed when work is finished.
- To carry out planned cleaning programmes during academy closures.
- To wear the appropriate clothing, shoes, gloves, etc for the tasks involved.
- To be responsible for the care of all cleaning equipment and materials assigned to them.
Closing date for applications is 25th November 2022.
For more information, please visit the Sheffield City Council website.