Netherthorpe Primary School is a one form entry school not far from the centre of Sheffield. They are looking for a cleaner to join their friendly and efficient team to undertake a full range of cleaning duties to ensure all areas of the School Sports Hall are maintained to a high standard. The successful candidate will be required to work 10 hours a week Monday to Friday out of school hours. This would require being a keyholder to enable unlocking & locking of the sports hall. The minimum cleaning will be 10 hours a week, 2 hours a day, cleaning the school sports hall building before or after the school day. General duties and responsibilities include:
- Clean floor space in the Sports Hall using appropriate techniques and equipment, including using a buffer machine.
- Clean all internal surface areas e.g. walls, windows, work surfaces and floors using appropriate techniques, equipment and materials e.g. washing; dusting; damp wiping; polishing and cleaning.
- Remove waste to a designated area.
- Daily clean of toilet areas.
Relevant Skills and Qualifications include:
- General cleaning experience would be desirable.
- An understanding of the operational practices and working methods involved with cleaning, including an awareness of the related Health & Safety issues associated with cleaning materials, equipment and premises.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to maintain appropriate levels of security in all working areas.
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and part of a team.
Closing date for applications is the 5th November 2021!
For more information on the role, and how to apply, visit the Sheffield City Council website.