The Birley Academy is looking to appoint a cleaner to work as part of a team providing a cleaning service. Cleaning staff will be required to undertake general cleaning duties. Applicants should be
highly motivated, enthusiastic and hardworking, possess good communication skills and be able to work both in a team and independently. The main responsibilities of the role will be:
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene in the area/sites allocated.
- To be aware of the conditions associated with the cleaning of your allocated areas related to the school/site users and to work to the appropriate Health and Safety rules and processes.
- To use the appropriate equipment, materials, tools and machinery to ensure the job is done effectively.
- Cleaning duties which will include cleaning, washing, sweeping, scrubbing, sanitising, shampooing, vacuum cleaning, polishing and dusting of designated areas as required by the School.
- Specialist cleaning where requested by the School, i.e. carpet shampooing.
- To report any damage/defects to the appropriate person.
- To liaise with site staff, supervisors and line managers as required
Closing date for applications is the 15th October 2021!
For further information on the role, and further responsibilities required, visit the Sheffield City Council website.