Netherthorpe Primary School is a one form entry school not far from the centre of Sheffield. Our children are happy and extremely eager to learn. Our children often join us with little or no English and make very good progress from their starting point.
They are looking for a cleaner to join a friendly and efficient team to undertake a full range of cleaning duties to ensure all areas of the School and Sports Hall are maintained to a high standard.
The successful candidate will be required to work between 12.5 hours and 22.5 hours a week Monday to Friday, dependent on skills and experience.
The minimum cleaning will be 12.5 hours a week, 2.5 hours a day, cleaning the school building after the end of the school day. Additionally, they are looking for someone who is able to clean the sports hall using appropriate equipment for a further 10 hours a week, 2 hours per day: this cleaning must happen before the start of the school day.
The working pattern may be variable during school holidays, subject to negotiation. General duties and responsibilities include:
- Clean floor space in teaching, communal, office areas and the Sports Hall using appropriate techniques and equipment.
- Clean all internal surface areas e.g. walls, windows, work surfaces and floors using appropriate techniques, equipment and materials e.g. washing; dusting; damp wiping; polishing and cleaning.
- Empty waste paper bins and remove waste to a designated area.
- Daily clean of toilet areas.
Relevant Skills and Qualifications:
- General cleaning experience would be desirable.
- An understanding of the operational practices and working methods involved with cleaning, including an awareness of the related Health & Safety issues associated with cleaning materials, equipment and premises.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to maintain appropriate levels of security in all working areas.
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and part of a team.
Closing date for applications is 12th July 2021.
For more information visit the Sheffield City Council website.