The post holder will join a friendly and efficient team under the supervision of our Buildings Officer to undertake a full range of cleaning duties to ensure all areas of the School are maintained to a high standard. The successful candidate will be required to work 3.15 to 6.30 pm (Mon-Thur) and 3.15 to 6.15 pm on Fridays. The working pattern may be variable during school holidays, subject to negotiation. General duties and responsibilities include:
- Clean floor space in teaching, communal and office areas using appropriate techniques and equipment e.g. mops, sweeping brushes, spray cleaners, etc.
- Clean all internal surface areas e.g. walls, windows, work surfaces and floors using appropriate techniques, equipment and materials e.g. washing; dusting; damp wiping; polishing and cleaning.
- Empty waste paper bins and remove waste to a designated area.
- Daily clean of toilet areas.
Relevant Skills and Qualifications;
- General cleaning experience would be desireable
- An understanding of the operational practices and working methods involved with cleaning, including an awareness of the related Health & Safety issues associated with cleaning materials, equipment and premises.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to maintain appropriate levels of security in all working areas.
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and part of a team.
Closing date for applications is 30th September 2022.
For more information visit the Sheffield City Council website.