Child Support Assistant
Rawmarsh Thorogate need to strengthen their dedicated team with a Child Support Assistant to provide 1:1 care and assistance for children (currently either in year 1 or year 4) who have a diagnosis of autism. As the post is in relation to specific children this can only be a casual, temporary post (two terms, Spring and Summer). Please be aware that the contract could be changed or ended if these specific children were to leave our school or the specific needs were to change. The role will involve:
- Supporting the student(s) directly in lessons.
- Support with day to day activities e.g. PE / changing / dressing.
- Working on an individual basis with the student through individual intervention work.
Aim of the role:
- To support the student to make expected progress and achieve their full potential.
- To support the student in developing and maintaining friendships through appropriate interactions / play.
- To keep the student safe and well in school.
- To promote independence and self-confidence within a safe environment.
- To develop an awareness of risk and danger.
- To develop concentration skills and an enthusiasm for learning.
It is essential that you have:
- Excellent communication skills to work with children in a positive, supporting manner
- Lots of energy and a good sense fun
- Qualifications to a good standard in literacy and numeracy
- Experience of the primary sector (preferred)
Closing date for applications is the 6th December 2022!
For more information on the role, and how to apply, click here to visit the TES website!