Stocksbridge Junior School are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, reliable, conscientious and self-motivated person who would like to join their setting and provide a key role in maintaining the school site. Their aim is to provide a safe and welcoming environment whilst maintaining a high standard of facilities for their children and staff.
It is essential that the applicant has the skills & experience to be able to carry out repairs & maintenance including electrical, plumbing, joinery and repairs to the fabric, fixtures and fittings of the building. It would be desirable if the applicants background is from an apprentice trained trade.
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Have great organisational skills.
- Be flexible and adaptable.
- Be highly motivated and hard working.
- Be able to form positive relationships with children and adults.
- Demonstrate initiative.
- Be able to work as part of a team
Duties will include:
- To act as primary keyholder.
- Responsible for an effective level of security of buildings and grounds.
- General maintenance of building (Including; Joinery and Basic Plumbing).
- Monitor all contractors’ personnel on site and ensure that work is satisfactorily completed.
- Clean and tidy all yards, paths, gullies and drains on a regular basis.
- Carry out porterage duties as required including receipt of goods and supplies.
- To act as “Responsible Person” on site for Statutory Checks in compliance with legislation.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 21st April 2021
For more information, or to apply, please visit Sheffield City Council’s website.