Seven Hills School is looking to appoint a skilled and enthusiastic caretaker to join their Premises Team who is able to ensure that we provide a safe and welcoming environment for their students, staff and visitors. You should be an honest, reliable, enthusiastic and conscientious person who is able to work unsupervised and use their own initiative in carrying out a wide range of duties. The successful candidate will be required to develop good working relationships with staff, students, parents, contractors, and visitors to the school. You must have a genuine concern for maintaining the school site as a safe, secure and clean environment and be prepared to work flexibly. Duties will include:
- Security of the premises
- Maintenance of fixtures and fittings
- Cleaning inside the building
- Cleaning of outside areas, e.g. yards, paths and soft surface areas
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations
- Carrying out minor building repairs
- Informing Buildings Manager of requirements for major repairs, materials and equipment
- Driving of School Minibus
- Grounds Maintenance
- Operation of Hydrotherapy Pool
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate attention to detail, be well organised with a good knowledge of building maintenance. You should possess good DIY skills (e.g. plumbing/carpentry skills), have an awareness of health and safety regulations and be able to respond to emergencies effectively. As the role involves some driving duties you should have a full clean driving licence ideally with category D1 or be willing to undertake professional training for gaining a category D1 licence. Full training will be given to the successful candidate.
Closing date for applications is the 15th Octover 2021!
For further information on the role, and how to apply, visit the Sheffield City Council website.