Yewlands Academy have a fantastic opportunity for an energetic and motivated caretaker to join our premises team to help us ensure that our Academy provides a safe, welcoming and purposeful environment for children, staff and visitors. Yewlands Academy is looking for a practical and well-motivated person for the post of Caretaker to join our team of committed staff. The role will include a wide range of responsibilities and duties connected with the fabric of the building, health and safety, grounds and facilities maintenance and security.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, keen to work in partnership with the staff at Yewlands Academy and able to work under instruction as well as having the ability to use their initiative. They should have the ability to provide a service to the site and an efficient support service to the site users and community groups. The post involves a rotating shift pattern and weekend working may be required occasionally. Good literacy and numeracy skills are essential.
They are looking for a caretaker who is:
- passionate and motivated to provide the best site for our students
- innovative and ready to support a site that is well-kept and organised
- a hands-on individual who can develop and implement systems/procedures as well as maintain current ones
- able to contribute to projects and maintenance schedules
- practical, with good DIY skills
Closing date for applications is 10th September 2021.
For more information visit the TES website.