Chaucer School is a vibrant, aspirational and exciting place to work. The school is an 11-16 mixed comprehensive, covering the KS3 and KS4 phases of education. Children come to the school mainly from the Parson Cross and Southey Green area of Sheffield and an increasing number of students opt to join us from other parts of the city with our intake in Years 7 and 8 oversubscribed in the last two years.
Chaucer School is seeking to recruit a highly effective, enthusiastic and proactive School Business Manager to join our Senior Leadership Team and support the school to further improvements, making a difference to the education and opportunities of our students every day.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate. The key purpose of this role is to give strategic vision to all aspects of finance, income generation, HR, premises, compliance and provision of IT.
They are seeking to appoint a School Business Manager who will embrace the opportunity to support our students to fulfil their potential through their leadership of this significant area of the school. You will be a strategic and committed individual, already successful in managing aspects of staffing, premises and finance. You may already have business management experience either in a school, or you may have worked in similar areas of responsibility outside the educational sector.
The successful candidate will be:
- A strategic thinker with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experienced in business, human and resources management
- Preferably experienced in academy or school finances but applications from outside the education sector are welcome.
- Able to relate to and build trust with a variety of stakeholders
- Skilled at managing people and systems
- Able to work and maintain focus under pressure, and to tight deadlines
- Confident in using new technology to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
Closing date for applications is 2nd July 2021.
For more information visit the TES website.